Sunday, April 13, 2014

Love Captured

So do you all like our new images?  I hope so!  I'm very excited that we can bring these to you.. back today to share more projects with you... But before I do, I wanted to announce our guest designer for this release!

This crafty girl not only crafts, but apparently she bakes!  Any guesses?  Give up? Check out her blog here... and her You Tube Channel here...

And we also have our regular DT back again to share their projects with you:


Can't wait to see what they come up with!  As for me, I decided to incorporate our Wedding image into a layout.  Because the bride and groom are in traditional wedding attire, I decided to dig through my pictures to see if I could come up with anything vintage.  Luckily, my Aunty Jan had sent me this wedding photo of my grandparents years ago. I love that my grandmother is wearing the same hat that the image is!  My grandfather is wearing a regular suit, but my grandma is in the wedding kimono.  I noticed that a lot of the wedding kimonos I've seen in Hawaii weddings were darker and not all white like the photos you see online.  Here's the layout I came up with...



Decided to keep it very simple, like the picture.  The background paper is actually more like wrapping paper that is a white on white crane print I got from Japan.  I mounted the photo that was printed from my printer onto gold cardstock.  The cherry blossoms and mizuhiki were also purchased in Japan (no I did not knot that myself).


Here's a closer look at the photo.


And a better look at the wedding couple.


Found this love kanji sticker I bought years ago.  It was a good size to match the layout.


Hope you enjoyed my project for today!  Check back again tomorrow for our last release post!  And don't forget to check out the rest of the DT to see what they've been up to.

3 comments:

  1. Hooooo, this is so NICE Jenny. WOW!!!! Can't wait to pick up my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa love this Jenny! That picture is awemazing. So lucky that you found the perfect pic to use in your project. They go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Jenny! The photo is beautiful and you displayed it beautifully with the new wedding stamp. My mom paid for my hubby and I to take a traditional Japanese wedding picture. Even though he's Korean he was a good sport and it's an awesome memory to have. :)

    ReplyDelete