Friday, February 27, 2015

You Will Get Hooked By These Images!

Feeling a little silly today after a long day of work.. You will understand the title of my post better in a little bit.  Before I get into my project, I just want to remind you to go check out what our Design Team has been up to!  Did ya miss them?!  I have! I can't wait to see what projects they came up with for this release! Please go check them out and see what creations they have to share with you:

Eva
Rina
Debi
Linda

Rina's YouTube Channel
Linda's YouTube Channel

Sooooo, I got inspired while I was looking at my Kiki and Lala wall hooks... daydreaming of what I would make using our new images.  Then it donned on me that I wanted to make something similar with Kaleo and Pua!  So I rummaged around my room and found some command hooks.


It fit perfectly!  Even though the images are larger than the hook, the back of the hook is long and enough to support the image.  Here's how they came out...



After coloring up each image, I mounted them on some thick acetate that was from leftover packaging.  This helps to keep the image strong so it won't bend or tear.


Now they are both ready to be mounted on the wall and put to use!


Hope you enjoyed my not so typical project share today.  Please stop by tomorrow and remember to check out the DT's projects!


8 comments:

  1. Those r so cute!! What a good and different idea!! My daughter would love those in her new room!! I Gotta try to make those!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! The images are big! Pretty awesome! Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea. These would look cute in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally "hooked" girl! I love this idea. I wanna make some hooks now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute! I may use your idea for hooks for my kids' rooms.

    ReplyDelete