Sunday, October 30, 2011

Much Happiness!

Back with another card to share for our countdown till our Release #4 images are available. Did you get to check out our Guest Designer Leanne Poe's project? Well, we're continuing the fun today with more inspiration for you..


After working with so much red, black and gold, I thought I'd change it up a bit for my next card. Went with more gold, white and black colors this time around. Here's the front of the card- used my Hero Arts Happiness sentiment stamp again. It looked pretty plain, so I added in some gold cord and made my own tassel out of it. Then added in some ivory cherry blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts. These are a staple in my collection- I use them on so many projects, but they are extra perfect for asian themed cards.



Oops, can you see the mistake I made on the inside? I'm sure you all can, but it was too late as I had already taped down the pop up portion. duh. Oh well, back to the card. I just got this pop up die and wanted to use it. I swear there's no more thinking needed to make pop ups anymore! This die has two pop up slits cut out of the base, so it was perfect for my firecracker kids. Since I needed to cut them out in order to pop them up, I had to figure out what to do with the firecrackers themselves. Ended up cutting them out and stringing them on some gold cord and hanging it from the washi paper. Added some gold stickles around the firecrackers to make it look like they are popping.


And here's a close up of the two kiddies. I paper pieced their clothes using some scrap washi and that gold cardstock. Her ribbons were colored using gold smooch.

Took this photo to just show you the die itself since its hard to tell from a front view photo. Now you can see that they are really popping out from the background.


So don't forget to check out Debi's and Leanne's projects for today! Back tomorrow with our final peek!

6 comments:

  1. Aww I want that die now, you make it look so fun! Another great layout Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card on the outside and sooooo much fun on the inside! Love the paper. The simple details just made this card fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute!! Love the colors on this adorable easel card! Great job Jenny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the images. Still remember those days on lighting firecrackers and throwing them out quickly once I saw the sparks.

    ReplyDelete