Friday, March 8, 2024

And Last But Not Least... Our Sweet Hula Girl!

If you watched yesterday's video, you already saw this tag featuring the Kane Hula Dancer.  Both of these images were colored up using my copics and added to these simple tags. Since the sentiments I had were too big for the tag and image to fit nicely, I opted for using the sentiments I had printed on the computer.  Sometimes it's nice to have tags already made in your stash that you can just pop on a card or attach to a gift.  I actually had Merrie Monarch in mind when I made these. I thought they could be attached to leis that are often given after a performance to the dancers.

This hula girl is so cute! Her costume can be for either kahiko (traditional) style or auwana (modern) style of hula.  I also like that this set contained the uli uli instruments that are often used in performances.  Oh how it brings back so many memories of when I used to dance hula.  I remember all the feathers used to come off as we were dancing.  I went with a simple look again with the watercolors, but added in the uli ulis to help fill up the blank space.


I really like how this card came out... Since there's a lot of empty space, I started digging into my die stash. I'm so glad I bought tropical flowers and foilage dies whenever I found them.  And I'm even more glad that I didn't sell them!  The fern die is an old Island Scrapbooking die that you can't get anymore. I paired it with some small plumeria flowers from a Mintopia flower set.  Who knew Mintopia would make tropical flowers!  The size was perfect for the fern.  The sentiment is part of the stamp set. In Hawaii, we say "A Hui Hou" (till we meet again) instead of goodbye. I feel it gives you hope that you will see each other again- even if it's not in the immediate future.



 Don't forget to visit my channel to watch today's video and enter to win one of two stamp sets from this release!  

I'll be picking winners soon!  And I keep forgetting to mention that if you go to the Italian site, you can change the language to English if you don't understand Italian (duh)... then you can see other images my sister created that are not featured in the Sister Stamps line! You can check them out here:  Impronte D'Autore.  And visit Hanko to order stamps in the US (Psssst, he also posted a pre-order for the next relase if you want to peek!)


No comments:

Post a Comment