Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Li See Envelope Tutorial

It's Release Day! Yippee! It's our last release for 2011, but don't worry, we'll have some fun new designs next year.


Just wanted to share the instructions on how to make the li see envelopes I featured in yesterday's post. Since I couldn't find a tutorial online, I thought I'd share this with all of you!

Supplies:
  • 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" red paper
  • 6 3/8" x 3 1/4" red paper
  • double stick tape
  • Your favorite Sister Stamps New Year's Release Image
Tools:
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scoreboard
  • Scissors
  • Corner rounder punch
  • Copics
Directions:
  1. Score 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" paper with the 4 1/2" side at the top at 1/2" on each end.
  2. Turn paper so that the 8 1/2" side is at the top and score at 1" and 7 3/4".
  3. Cut off all corners on score lines.
  4. Trim edges at slight angle to reduce bulk (optional)
  5. Fold on all score line. Use bone folder for good crease.
  6. Use the corner rounder punch and round the corners of the 1" flap. This will be the opening of your envelope.
  7. Apply double stick tape to the two long flaps and adhere the 6 3/8" x 3 1/4" paper on top.
  8. Apply double stick tape to the bottom flap (flap where corner is not rounded) and seal.
  9. Stamp and color Sister Stamp image and adhere to front of envelope.
  10. Embellish as desired.
Thanks for all the great feedback on this release! And thanks to our Guest Designer, Leanne Poe and of course Debi!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny- Thanks so much for providing this tutorial. I got to see your Li See @ IS. I can't wait to make my own. Mahalo Nui! Xie Xie! Arigato! ok I'll stop!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking, I had so much fun! You've got a serious fan for life girl. :)
    Love the tutorial. I am planning a class here at work and I think these would be perfect for it.
    Thanks for inspiring!
    Xie Xie!
    Hugs,
    *:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this tutorial; I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete