Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Is everyone ready for Independence Day?  I hope I am since my round of Make 'n Takes will begin tomorrow at Mapunapuna Ben Franklin and then on to Pearl City Ben Franklin.  Please see our sidebar for Make 'n Take schedule.


I decided to make a scrapbook page using these new papers I got. I think its from the Simple Stories line.. I love the colors- which totally reminded me of Independence Day.  

Since Kiyoko (from our New Year's images) already had a sparkler, I thought she was a perfect fit for this page!  After coloring her up, I cut her out using a circle wafer die by Sizzix and then cutting the next larger circle in the denim looking paper.  I then made my own rosette using kraft paper by just scoring at 1/4" intervals and connecting the two ends.  I had to hot glue the circles to the rosette so it would stay on.  The title was made using Thickers alphabet stickers on top of a hand cut "ribbon" using the same denim paper.  Layered this over the flip side of one of the papers to show the red gingham and finished it off with some white cardstock punched w/my Martha Stewart doily lace punch.



Here's a close up of Kiyoko.  If you remember from my introductory post, Kiyoko is named after my mother -in-law, which is fitting since we normally spend Independence day at her house since she has a nice view of the fireworks from her patio.  Oh well, guess I'll be missing it this year!  I hope they think of me back home when they are enjoying their dinner over fireworks!


Gotta get ready to go to the airport.  See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous 4th of July card! Kyoko is perfect with her sparklers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Independence day was yesterday, but I'm behind on commenting! hahaha!! Actually I didn't see this in the morning when I stopped by. soo, gotta give some love to this cutie pie! She's perfect for this holiday. I love the layout and those papers are sooo cute! You have a lot of patience to score and make that rosette. It's awesome! So is that denim paper. Hope you were able to enjoy some fireworks in Oahu.
    *:)

    ReplyDelete