Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lucky Magnets

We are nearing the end of our sneak peeks and soon you'll be able to pick them up at your favorite retailer or online.  Just wanted to thank Suilan for an awesome job with our new release.  Please check out her blog and send her some love!  And also give a shout out to the Chinese Zodiac team that has been working hard on samples for that release.  Thanks to Patti, Eunice, Laura and Linda!  I feel so fortunate to have such a talented group of ladies help me out throughout this year!  Thank you for all the great inspiration!  And who can forget Debi!  So glad to have you back girl!

The nice thing about a smaller image is that you can make projects that you can't do when the images are too large.  One of them is marble magnets.  These flat marbles were found at Ben Franklin and are the perfect size to cover the lucky charm images.

After coloring up the images using my copics, I applied a layer of mod podge to the marble (flat side) and then adhered the image to the marble.  Then I punched out a circle using the Graphic 45 paper (can you tell this is one of my favorites!?) and applied another layer of mod podge over the image's backside and affixed the circle to the back of the image.  Here's what they look like when they are dry.


After they are dry, you can glue a magnet to the back and use them on your fridge or other metal surface.  Here's a close up of each image.




Hope you've been inspired throughout the week with all of the projects our team has put together.  Hope to see what you all come up with once you ink these guys up!

7 comments:

  1. I just finished the blog-hop, what wonderful cards and ideas came by on my screen! Your magnets are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this!!! Been eyeing this magnet project at BF for the longest time, wanting to get them, but now I know for sure I must get them so I can make these adorable lucky magnets! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh these are adorable! I've made magnets like this but with small marbles. How big are these marbles? Any chance you can share the brand of these marbles? I would like to find them here on the mainland. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison, no tag on the marble bag. It was a small bag full of large marbles. I think they were about 2". I think I used my 2" circle punch for the background. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute magnets and LOVE that G45 paper, too. hugs, patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!!! these would make awesome gifts. TFS and that Graphic 45 paper is awesome.
    Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete