Monday, April 29, 2013

Smile Li-Li!

Did you have a nice weekend?  I had a blast visiting some crafty friends and catching up.  A much needed mini getaway!

Before I left on my trip, I managed to finish up my Release #13 projects.  I showed this little bag I made out of washi paper that was cut from a Lifestyle Crafts die I picked up at an LSS earlier.  The size is good- enough to slip in some goodies for RAKs. I like the fact that I could cut the bag out of paper of my choice.  Since you never see washi paper mini bags, I love the fact that now I can make my own!  This particular washi paper was given to me by my friend Susan- Thanks Susan!  She brought this all the way back from Japan.  So nice of her to share with me. :)




So After I put the bag together, I thought that it was nice to fold down the top and then punch holes to hold a ribbon.  Since the top of the bag is curved, it looks really finished.


Its hard to tell from the photo, but the heart was cut from a frosted metallic red cardstock ,which goes so nicely with the washi paper.  After coloring and cutting out Li-Li, I added a little pin flag that says "Smile".  I found a bunch of these Bella Blvd flags at my LSS on sale.  Good find!

After I showed this project to my husband, he told me it reminds him of those little jewelry bags his sister used to get all the time. I guess it does sort of remind me of those too!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop in and say hello to Debi and Eva!  Be sure to drop by tomorrow for our last day of sneak peeks before you can pick up your stamps!




6 comments:

  1. Super cute, Jenny! I might have to get that bag die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe this came out very Adorable!!! Fabulous work and I love that cute new stamp!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag made out of washi paper is so beautiful! I like how you folded it & closed it with the ribbon; looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good get-a-way weekend! Super cute project! I want that die now. You are not helping my wallet with all your gorgeous projects! hahaha!! Worth it I think.
    Yes, as soon as I saw the pouch it reminded me of those small fabric coin purses my mom used to buy. Great idea. Li-Li is so cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute project...I love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete