Monday, June 24, 2013

Meet Cappy

 Ok enough gushing about my first child... On to the next doggie!

Meet Cappy.... Cappy is a wire haired miniature daschund that joined our family when my daughter was born.  She shares the same birthday as Akemi!  Weird yah?


My father-in-law LOVED Kiki.  I guess he always wanted a dog, so shortly after Akemi was born, they got Cappy....  That's why Kiki is so grouchy... lost attention because of Akemi and Cappy!!!


My father-in-law tried to teach Cappy tricks.... But she was only able to master one...



Chodai!  We teach young children to place one palm over the other facing up to say "please" when they are young and can't really speak.   This term was known as "Chodai" in my household.  Whenever we said this, my daughter would make the motion and then we'd give her what she wanted.  Well, my father-in-law decided to teach this to Cappy.  Since she can't make the same motion with her paws, she sits up as shown to beg for food.... which is why our next image is named after her!



I decided to keep this card simple... Cappy is such a happy doggie, that I thought this sentiment by Hero Arts was a perfect match for her.  After stamping it, it reminded me of those old label stickers that everyone had.. then it reminded me of washi tape!  So I went through my stash and found a bunch of washi from Target that I bought awhile ago.  Love that they sell them in a pack with different designs of all the same color.  Makes it so much easier to match!  Here's a close up of Cappy..


So, would love to take Cappy home?  Well, not the real cappy, just this new stamp?

1.  Leave a comment on THIS POST by 06/30/13 11:59 HST; and
2.  What is the best dog trick you have ever seen? I'm sure I'll hear a lot of examples from stupid pet tricks.. Am I right?  Hee hee.. Can't wait to hear!

17 comments:

  1. Tooo cute!
    About dog tricks : when I was young we used to make our dog jump by placing a broom horizontally between two chairs, then throwing the dog's ball over it : my dog always jumped over the broom even if he really had enough room to go under it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love this new stamp! I'm a doggy person, so I am very partial over cute doggy stamp. My pug Ollie could hold food on her nose and wait to eat it till I say okay. When I say okay, she flip the food to the air & catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe love that stamp too!!! And a very Adorable card!! My dog does no tricks! Had a friend that would put his dogs food bowl down full of food and would not eat it till he was told a command he could now eat! I thought that was rather impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kawaii!! I didn't know Mike Sakamoto was your FIL! He taught my sister painting(?) ceramics(?) and we used to watch his fishing shows! He was a good man. Sorry, got off track here! Cappy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my daughter taught her dog to "high five". I thought that was different than the usual "shake hands"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, so cute and sweet. We used to have a smooth short haired miniature dachshund. However, she got to the age of 17 and her back became very painful for her. We decided it was time to take away her pain and send her to heaven. She had 17 long years of love to give and get from us, so we cannot complain. Love the image, way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Cappy and her chodai trick is the cutest thing ever...LOVE that picture!!!! Your new Cappy stamp is even more adorable to me now that I know the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the doggie looks so happy!!! my doggie mochi, would like to sit on her butt, and use one leg to spin in circles!!! It was rather cute watching her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto what Eunice said! Never thought a dog could learn chodai!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmygosh, cappy is adorable!!! so cute! thanks for sharing! much aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh best dog trick ever...my doggie, when i say, "wash hair" he rubs his face/head with his paws :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE. Hoku, our dog can "Huli" roll over, and responds to "Aloha" with a hand shake. Mahalo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the story of how this stamp got its name ... when my oldest was born, my mom also used the hand signing of "chodai". My kids thought that my mom made this up on her own! I tried to teach it to my granddaughter but instead of holding her palms up, she would clap once! :)
    Not having a dog, I don't know of any tricks ... love this stamp though; Cappy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Cappi dog card is just lovely.
    Have to dig out my Washi-tape and Washi-papers and gettin' crafty too. I like the Frisbee-catch trick teh best, amazing how high some dogs can jump and catch the frisbee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another cutie pie dog stamp! Love it. My fav dog trick was making him do Chodai but also spin in circles till he got so dizzy and plopped on the floor from sheer exhaustion! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe Cappy is cute! So cool that he can do tricks like that. Adorable stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My uncle had a dog which he'd pretend to shoot and the dog would play dead. Now that I think about it, it's sort of macabre, but at the time I thought it was pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete