Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Introducing Keitaro-Kun

You met Miyako yesterday right? Well, meet her brother Keitaro! Keitaro is Miyako's little brother in real life, so I thought it would be fun to do a release with both of their names! I've only met Keitaro once, but I hear stories about him from his Tutu. Hopefully we'll get to see him again soon.


Since so many of you love boy images just as much as girls, we decided to offer up a Valentine's boy image. Don't worry, more boys are on their way... all in good time! For now, Keitaro will entertain you with his ability to cut a paper heart string. Now I've racked my brain to try to figure out how to do one in real life... If I ever figure it out, I will show you one of these days.


Onto the card... Here's another awesome card by Debi (thanks Debi!). I love the look of colored images on kraft cardstock. As you can tell, Debi is a huge fan of Papertrey Ink products as the sentiment, and filigree border die are both by PTI. She topped it off with more baker's twine and rhinestones. Love it!


All this talk about Valentine's day got me thinking about elementary school days (for you Hawaii born- hanabata days) and how we all used to give each other little ATC sized valentine's and learned how to cut out a heart by folding a paper in half. I never understood why you would want to give a Valentine to a boy. Yuck! And why would a boy give one to me? Double Yuck! Aaaah to be young and naive! Now I get it, but I seriously didn't back then. I remember my mom buying me the Valentine's day "kit" to give to all my classmates. I think I ended up only giving the girls cause boys were yucky! ha ha ha ha ha! Plus I didn't want any boy to think I liked HIM! hee hee hee hee hee! Now that I watch the Valentine's Day Charlie Brown episode, I feel bad.. I guess I should've given the boys a Valentine too. Hopefully they got some from their friends and didn't end up like Charlie Brown! (Note: if you do not know what I'm referring to, you really need to buy that DVD and watch it!)

Ok now that I've gone off on several tangents, its time to re-focus and get back to the real reason y0u are reading all of my blabbering... for free stamps right? If you want to know how to enter- please check the Miyako introductory post for the "rules". In addition, tell me your funniest Valentine's Day story. I can't wait to read all about it! See you tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. Another gr8 card by Debi. Keitaro, that is a really cool name, is adorable. Yes, if you happen to figure out the heart chain, which I'm sure you will, pls share. ;)
    No funny Valentine's Day stories, and thanks for the trip down memory lane. ;)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another adorable image! love the card and the story of the good old days. sorry, no funny vday story to share... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keitaro is so cute...and great for Boy's Day! Debi did a great job here. Like Brenda, I don't have a funny VD story to tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him... He looks so rascal! No funny VD story but it is my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 this one too!!

    I remember giving those cards out. I would stand in the aisle of the store forever trying to decide on the set that I wanted. And then sit at the kitchen table for hours trying to decide which one to give to which person. I remember one year my mom had me write all the names of the kids in my class on a piece of paper so we could make sure we had everyone. I had to draw the classroom on a paper because I couldn't remember everyone, there was always someone missing. Little did I know she already had a list of everyone that she had gotten from my teacher. Oh well.

    Anywhos, I think one of my favorite funny Valentine's Days was when I was in high school. We used to be able to send flowers, candy, and balloons to people in other classes and a bunch of us knew that one friend absolutely hated to be singled out in class when the goodies were delivered. We were all in the same class at the time and decided that we were going to send her balloons from a "secret admirer". But when the day came, and the balloons were delivered, she didn't get any but we all got a balloon each (we each ordered her one.) Come to find out she somehow found out our little plan and convinced the organizers to change the names on the balloons. Taught us not to try that again. LoL. I guess she knew us better than we knew ourselves. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenny,
    This one is a cute looking rascal!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I didn't receive any candy yet, but if you mailed it, I'm sure I'll get it some time this week. TFS
    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this little guy and also love the simplistic but effective card! I will definitely try and get some of these stamps!

    Angela in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw - he's just fabulous. I love his little hat - reminds me of making paper hats for my boys. Fabulous CAS card.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwww... he's adorable!! love the card layout! no funny story, but one of my fave holidays!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww he's too cute! I love him and he reminds me of my son when he was young wearing that hat. cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Keep the boy stamps coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just love Keitaro! Sorry, don't have a valentines story to share - just too embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is SO SO SO SO CUTE! great card... love the elements you've used with him and that border bunch is beautiful! sentiment is simply said!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous card made by Debi. I love the filigree border. Great job as always Debi.

    ReplyDelete