Thursday, January 12, 2012

Miyako Love Coupons

Before we get into the project for today, I wanted to announce who our Guest Designer is for this release! This special lady's work caught my eye with her awesome coloring skills and sense of style. I'm always checking out everyone's Sister Stamps creations to see what you all come up with, and was awed at her creations. Check out who our Guest Designer is here...


As you can probably tell, I've been on a crafting vacation since the holidays and had to get back in gear to make some samples just for you! To get me in the mood, I went shopping and found some oh so cute Valentine's day stuff to play with. Do you like my little heart shaped gumball machine? Akemi LOVES gumball machines, and got a Hello Kitty one for Christmas this year. She claimed that was her best present this year. This gumball machine reminded me of her.


What you see here is another take on the toilet paper roll mini album. Yes, I've been watching all those Youtube videos on how to make one and put my own spin on it by changing it up a bit and making it into a coupon book instead of a mini album. When I was young, I used to always make coupon books for mom once I figured out that I could give her something without spending a lot of money. I don't think she ever used any of her coupons, but I'm sure she got a kick out of it. My husband made me one when we were still dating. I wonder if those coupons are still valid? So when you pull on the tab, the coupon comes out. I guess I cut the card too small, so it kept falling out of the toilet paper roll. To hold it in place, I attached a brad to the tab, then used the brad to hook the coupon onto the cover.


Here's the second page... I just punched out some harts out of kraft cardstock and stamped them with my new Hero Arts conversation hearts clear stamps. I love this set! I had my husband in mind when I came up with this coupon! If you read the part below the nap it states that it "Excludes doggie interruptions". My dog Kiki will seek out anyone who is napping and snuggle up against you.


Here's the last coupon... My daughter is really really really into board games right now. We started with Monopoly, then Clue, and she just got Yahtzee, so we are learning how to play that now. I didn't realize just how fun Clue is! Can you believe me and my husband never played that game before?



Well, hope this has inspired you to try out the toilet paper mini album for yourself. Its really easy to do! And don't forget my girl Debi... she has some cute samples to share with you too! Check back tomorrow for more fun!


Supplies:
  • Miyako stamp- Sister Stamps
  • All other stamps- Hero Arts
  • Tab punch- Stampin Up
  • Flower punch- EK Success
  • DP- Bo Bunny
  • Brads- Stampin Up
  • Button- PTI
  • Baker's twine
  • Binder ring- Office Max
  • Ribbon scraps

8 comments:

  1. Oh - what a fabulous idea :). Love all the fun little details and the gorgeous image. I shall have to keep this in my menory box :).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! Super cute Jenny! Love ur take on it and all the fun coupons. Akemi is adorable in her red kimono. I think I made one of these a couple years ago. I saw it on someone's blog. Your's is gorgeous. Terrific idea on recycling! I'm sure your family will love it!
    TFS!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun project! love the coupon "holder", so cute!! great coupons to be redeemed too! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so so cute!!! LOVE your coupons! have to buy me a bunch of those... especially the nap one... hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and a great idea, love your coupons! My little dog is just like your Kiki, he loves to snuggle up and nap with you!
    I thought everyone had played Clue! We still will play it when the family is together...and we still can't beat my brother, he is a super sleuth!
    Another awesome release Jenny, I have mine coming to me now and can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I love your coupon book! Great papers and of course image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't made a coupon book in years! I think the last one I made was when I was a kid and I made my mom a bunch that said I'd clean up my room or be nice to my brother or something like that. But I think I put some sort of disclaimer that it was only good for one day at a time or something. XD
    This one is so cute! Maybe I'll make a couple with some little munchkins I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coupon book? I always wanted to make one but never did make one! LOL Great project! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete