Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Sweet Surprise

Wowweeee!  Did you check out who our guest designer is?  Yes! It's none other than Jo of Paperdrama fame!  Just want to thank her for taking the time to make a coloring video using Kimie.  Yay!  So many people have asked me how to color up the images, but I have not made a video tutorial before, so I'm glad she decided to post one for all of us to learn from.  Thanks Jo!
 
Be sure to check out her blog and You Tube Channel for more inspiration!
 
And don't forget Debi and Eva will also have some fun projects to share!
 
So today's project features Kimie again.  I love her!  Her hair came out really cute.. I gotta tell my sis to make more hair like her's.  I started out using a regular A2 sized envelope.  I tend to have a lot of extra envelopes cause I use the base but don't often use the envelopes.  Many people have used the 6x6 size envelopes too, but I like this smaller size. 
 
All you do is score 1" at the bottom of the envelope. Fold on the score line, and then open up the envelope and fold the ends under to form a little bag.
 
 
To start, I cut a small strip of scrap paper by Simple Stories and adhered it around the treat holder.  Then I embellished it a bit with some heart pearl trim, some cheesecloth and a couple of white flowers from my stash. 



Then I added a Doodlebug doily to the background.  I left the doily sticking up as a background.  Then colored up Kimie and adhered to the doily.


Inside the treat holder I stuck some Easter grass and stuck a couple of eggs inside.


When you open the eggs, there's a surprise inside!


For whatever reason, bunnies coming out of eggs reminds me of the Cadbury bunny.  Bock bock bock!


Here's Jade and Moon popping out of the eggs.


Ya never know what will be inside your egg!  More Easter fun tomorrow, so don't forget to visit again tomorrow for more fun!

7 comments:

  1. adorable...love how you recycled the envelope and had the bunnies in the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh another fun project Jenny! Love how you colored Kimie, going to have to try that. The Easter surprises are adorable. The bunnies do remind me of the Cadburry bunny. lol You're so funny!
    TFS!
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunnies in the eggs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so kawaii and super fun with the bunnies jumping out of the egg! You're full of creative ideas! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Jenny! Super cute! xoxo, Kimmie

    ReplyDelete