Friday, February 28, 2014

Shabby Egg Carton

Yay!  It's almost release day!  That means soon you can go out and pick up our new images and start working on your Easter projects!
 
Just wanted to thank the amazing Jo from Paperdrama!  She is such an awesome crafter!  So glad I got to work with her on this release.. Thank you Jo!  Don't forget to check out her You Tube channel here...
 
And don't forget to check out Debi and Eva's blogs for more inspiration!
 
For my last project, I was totally inspired by Juliana's shabby chic egg cartons that she featured last Easter.  I guess I had that on the brain for about a year now and really wanted to make one for this release.  Check out Juliana's video here...  and you'll see why I wanted to make one!
 
First thing is we had to eat all the eggs!! Bwahahaha!  I'm joking, but not really.  Over the weekend, our mission was to use up all the eggs so I could use the egg carton. We ended up eating all but 2, so I just put them in a bowl and took the carton!
 
Then I painted it wit some gesso, then a coat of light antique white, which is like an off white color.  After the carton was painted, it was time to decorate!  I used some old jellybean paper by Doodlebug Designs as my background.  Then colored up Kimie and propped her up using pop dots.  Then more flowers by I Am Roses, Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima.

 
 

Here's a better look at Kimie...


And the flowers...


Around the edge of the carton, I glued on some pink chiffon pleated trim.  Then added some pearl flower trim in between.

When you open it up, here's what you'll see inside...


The inside cover has moon jumping into a bed of flowers.  Before I put anything down, I added some remnant cheese cloth. Its becoming my favorite shabby accessory on all my projects!



And a closer look at Jade.




For each egg holder, I added some goodies.  Two plastic eggs where you could put more goodies, some flowers, butterfly bling, large pearls, and a strand of pearls.


This project was really fun to make and the good news is, I have the other half to play with!  Ready to go buy another carton of eggs so that I can make more!

Thanks again to all my designers for your great projects!! And thanks Jo for doing videos as well!

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you would make to top off this enjoyable release and let me just say... WOW!! Another fabulous project. Thanks for bringing the YT to the blog world for us (me) that don't get to watch YT as often as we (me) like. Another fabulous release!
    PS-
    You should definitely look up some omelet recipes.. bahaha! Happy Friday! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I had such an amazing time playing with these stamps. I had a wonderful time working/creating for Sister Stamps! Forever a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty!! we have no problems eating up eggs. i should send you all of our empty cartons! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job again! I love seeing all the different projects you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this release! these are too too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I just got inspired! ^_^

    ReplyDelete